Did you know that more than 100 million Americans suffer from digestive issues? Unfortunately, most people think about taste rather than the ability to digest food which leads to a host of problems as the body tries to break down the food unsuccessfully.
Symptoms Of Digestive Issues
- Sleep Issues
- Weight Changes
- Intolerance to Food
- Changes in Behavior
- Recurrent Migraines
- Joint and Muscle Aches
- Hair and Skin Problems
- Diarrhea and Constipation
- Bloating, Pain, Gas, or Indigestion
When Your Gut Microbiota Is Off Balance
Your stomach controls your nutritional intake, your immune system, and your mental health via the enteric nervous system. When the trillions of microbiota in your stomach are off balance, it damages the lining of your enteric nervous system and affects both your physical and emotional health because of a lack of communication with the brain.
If You Suffer From Poor Digestion
Whether from a genetic predisposition, a medical condition, or the inability to break down food properly, poor digestion will significantly affect your eating habits. The job of your stomach is to house food and process it using stomach acids and enzymes called pepsin that breaks down proteins. If you suffer from poor digestion, you may need something extra to assist you in the digestion process.
When Consuming Foods That Are Difficult To Breakdown
Some foods are just naturally challenging to break down. Consuming greasy, spicy, or processed foods are much more difficult to digest. Foods high in cellulose, like corn, are also tricky since the human body does not produce it naturally. Acidic fruits and raw vegetables are problematic because of the presence of insoluble fibers which you may require a bit of help to digest.
When Your Body Does Not Have Access To Enzymes Naturally
By now you have heard of digestive enzymes, but do you know if you naturally produce or consume enough of a balanced diet to break down your food? Which digestive enzymes do you need every day?
- The pancreas produces amylase which breaks down carbs, sugars, and starch.
- Bromelain helps to break down proteins. It also aids in inflammation and muscle and joint pain.
- The body cannot produce the cellulase Some dairy and raw vegetables digest cellulose and unrefined sugars, but a supplement is also an alternative when you cannot consume them.
- Lactase is found in a mammal’s small intestine which dissects milk sugars (lactose) into galactose and glucose. Unfortunately, about 65% of the population has some form of lactose intolerance. A supplement will overcome it.
- The pancreas secretes lipase to the small intestine to break down the fatty oils and monoglycerides.
- Papain is an enzyme that naturally digests protein.
- The body naturally produces protease to break down peptides and proteins.
If You Want To Strengthen Your Immune System
Consuming digestive enzymes without knowing their value can significantly reduce their intent if you do not understand how your body works. A critical reason to ensure enzyme production or consumption is because of their ability to boost your immune system. It naturally fights off illness, infection organisms, and disease.
Not all bodies work the same nor can people produce or eat the enzymes you need. Take the time to learn about Microbiome from our experts to gain knowledge about our enzyme supplements that will boost your digestive and immune health.