Powerful Colon Cleansing and Detox Ingredients
Stagnated/compacted bowels and chronic constipation are the root cause of all diseases. Constipation affects individuals of all ages, sexes, and race. Chronically impacted stools become toxic, throwing these toxins into your bloodstream. Constipation has a significant negative impact on an individuals’ quality of life, which is almost similar to those suffering from chronic diseases like asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. 
While a healthy fiber-rich diet and physical activity have their own, unique place in helping you get rid of the compacted stools and toxins therein, colon cleansing also speeds the flush out process. Sometimes opting for a colon cleanse supplement such as that formulated by Microbiome Plus+ is the ideal thing you can do for yourself and your gut health. All-natural ingredients in our formula work to optimize gut and overall health:
Fennel seed powder
Derived from the fruits of Foeniculum vulgare Miller, fennel seed powder is native to the Mediterranean region. It carries potent laxative effects and can reduce the transit time of the food through the bowels by 12%. 
Cascara Sagrada Bark Powder
Cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshianus) is a species of buckthorn indigenous to North America. It is a stimulant laxative, i.e. it works to induce muscle contractions in the intestines. These contractions help propel the stool forward to be expelled via the rectum. The laxative effect of Cascara is due to the presence of chemicals called anthraquinones. Expulsion of harmful wastes helps in the detoxification process.
Ginger Root Powder
The ginger root powder gut flush is a popular strategy entailed by many functional medicine therapists. Gingerol is the key bioactive component in ginger, responsible for its medicinal and Detox properties.
Goldenseal Root Powder
Indigenous to the Eastern North America, goldenseal belongs to the Ranunculaceae or buttercup family. Enriched with an alkaloid berberine, goldenseal is a terrific digestive aid. It can kill harmful bacteria as well as tumor cells. 
Psyllium Husk Powder
An all-time expert recommended fiber, Psyllium husk or ispaghula has been used to relieve constipation and compacted stools. It is a bulk-forming laxative, i.e. it expands after reaching the colon, turning into a gel-like mass by imbibing water from the gut.  It then makes bowel movements easy, removing waste out from your system in a more efficient way.
The tiny flaxseeds supply about 35% of dietary fiber. They contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber enhances water binding initially then increases the mass of bacterial cells. However, it is the water-binding capacity of the flaxseed “insoluble fiber” that contributes to the bulk of stool and shortens the time it takes for the food to travel, speeding up the evacuation of bowels. It, thus, benefits constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and diverticular disease by cleansing your body naturally. 
This juicy plant has strong Detox properties. Owing to the presence of anthraquinones in Aloe, it functions as a potent laxative, accelerating cleansing of the colon. This helps keep waste products and toxins moving out of your system.  Loaded with several digestive enzymes such as amylase, lipase, and carboxypeptidase, Aloe also aids in the digestion of the diet consumed. 
Oat Fiber Powder
Oats are rich in fiber, which helps emptying your bowels more easily. Moreover, as is known, the old, rotten stool may include certain cancer-causing agents. Apart from their colon cleansing properties, oats are also proven to reduce the risk of colon cancer. 
This powder extracted from the dried plums called prunes contains high amounts of fiber (6.1 g/100 g). It can cause the bowel movements to become more frequent, thereby assisting in colon cleansing.
The Microbiome+ Plus Colon Cleanse and Detox has a list of all-natural ingredients that act together to cleanse your colon of the unwanted waste and toxins.
- Irvine EJ, Ferrazzi S, Pare P, Thompson WG, Rance L. Health-related quality of life in functional GI disorders: focus on constipation and resource utilization. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2002;97(8):1986-93.
- Picon PD, Picon RV, Costa AF, et al. Randomized clinical trial of a phytotherapic compound containing Pimpinella anisum, Foeniculum vulgare, Sambucus nigra, and Cassia augustifolia for chronic constipation. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2010;10:17. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-10-17.
- Kumar A, Ekavali, Chopra K et al. Current knowledge and pharmacological profile of berberine: An update. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;761:288-97. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2015.05.068.
- Gandell D, Straus SE, Bundookwala M, Tsui V, Alibhai SMH. Treatment of constipation in older people. CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2013;185(8):663-670. doi:10.1503/cmaj.120819.
- Kajla P, Sharma A, Sood DR. Flaxseed—a potential functional food source. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2015;52(4):1857-1871. doi:10.1007/s13197-014-1293-y.
- Rahmani AH, Aldebasi YH, Srikar S, Khan AA, Aly SM. Aloe vera: Potential candidate in health management via modulation of biological activities. Pharmacognosy Reviews. 2015;9(18):120-126. doi:10.4103/0973-7847.162118.
- Radha MH, Laxmipriya NP. Evaluation of biological properties and clinical effectiveness of Aloe vera: A systematic review. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine. 2015;5(1):21-26. doi:10.1016/j.jtcme.2014.10.006.
- Aune Dagfinn, Chan Doris S M, Lau Rosa, Vieira Rui, Greenwood Darren C, Kampman Ellen et al. Dietary fibre, whole grains, and risk of colorectal cancer: systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. BMJ. 2011; 343 :d6617.
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. It is the responsibility of you and your healthcare providers to make all decisions regarding your health. Microbiome Plus recommends that you consult with your healthcare providers regarding the diagnosis and treatment of any disease or condition. Products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.